Friday, July 29, 2011

Day six, near miss accident, and grandma's crew

I've almost made it through my first week at the Village.  I also almost got into a car accident yesterday.  I started to turn into the Village driveway when a car came racing up the driveway from the opposite direction.  I immediately thought "ugh, some kids need to learn to slow down!".  The best part, this driver was partially in my lane so I couldn't get into the drive and the other driver just sat there.  I actually had to back my car up to enter into the drive from the left of this car.  Then, I saw it,...the driver was a sweet looking little old lady.  When I passed her on the left she actually perked her head up (I'm guessing to see out the window) and looked to her left.  It was as if she was checking to see if I actually didn't have enough room to get into the drive.

Once I pulled into the parking lot, I saw the cutest idea on someone's car.  The volkswagon bug had a bumper sticker on the back that said "Grandmas Crew", but the best part were the four paint filled hand prints that she must have let her grand kids put on her bumper.  Adorable.

When I safely made it to the Village, I decided to go for a walk/jog.  I've increased my jogging from three to four laps around the pond.  I did eight or nine laps total in the 90+ degree weather.  At some point, I need to get a pedometer and figure out how large the pond is. 
See the pretty swans?

The white duck is clearly the leader and always first in line.  They all quack like mad any time I run walk/jog past.

No comments:

Post a Comment