It is kind of sad to move apart and somewhat lonely living on my own again, but knowing what the ultimate goal is makes the transition a lot easier.
It's been interesting so far. Here's a summary of the excitement to date:
- There are three domestic ducks and two gorgeous swans in the pond in front of the apartment
- I met my next door neighbor on Monday-Ms. M.F. seems awfully sweet and quite inquisitive
- Utilities are included-this means I've set the central air to 68 degrees
- The pond has a nice path around it so i've actually started running again (ok ok, I walk a lap and then jog a lap and repeat the process a few times)
- I brought my rollerblades and hope to take a few trips to the bike path. Of course, I'll drive there, skate a bit, and then drive back.
- I have a patio tomato plant that is thriving on my small patio
- My commute to work takes four whole minutes. My previous commute was one hour and fifteen minutes!
- We are doing what is pleasing to God, in regards to not living together prior to marriage, and I no longer feel guilty
- I miss E
- I miss Callie (yellow lab), Turtle (Tortoiseshell cat), and Maize (cat #2)
- My neighbor Ms. M.F. is rather inquisitive
- I went for my jog/walk on Tuesday and listened to some sweet woman pushing a walker yelling at the Swans: "oh quack, quack, quack, how are you? quack, quack!, quack!"
- I am currently sleeping in a twin bed. Monday morning I rolled over. Apparently, I forgot about how small the bed is and fell right out of it. I knocked over a picture of E and I in the process, but fortunately (since the mattress & box spring are right on the ground) I have no physical damage. I always wondered how someone could be so out of it that they'd fall out of bed.
Great News Of The Day:
I'm going to be an Aunt again and this time i'll be blessed with a little niece!!!